Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

a slight pain, when pressed, on my upper forehead

I frequently get a slight pain, when pressed, on my upper forehead in my hair, and only feel it when sleeping on that side or shampooing my hair. At the same time, there is a raised and itchy area on the nodule at the base of my skull. The nodule feels larger than the one on the other side during this period. Both issues are on the right side of my head...not sure if these are related to that, but I have also been feeling bloated, slightly nauseated feeling, have the urge to belch. I am trying to rule out dairy as an instigator of that, but not sure yet.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

wieyedoc :

Do you have pain when you press or rub around your temple area? Does your jaw ever get tired/weak when you are eating? How about general aches and pains?

Customer:

no, not around my temple, it is higher on my head, and is a very slight, nerve sensitive type of pain. No tiredness when eating, or really any general aches and pains. just these weird occasional things!

wieyedoc :

Ok. That's good .

wieyedoc :

Well, I must confess that your symptoms are just, to use a medical term, sorta generalized.....

wieyedoc :

They really don't point to any one issue to make me think of any serious things that could be going on that would need immediate evaluation. I think you would be safe to just watch things for now and follow up with your regular doc.

wieyedoc :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

what is that nodule at the base of my skull, to get a larger feeling and begin to itch?

wieyedoc :

The nodules you are feeling are most likely lymph nodes and nothing to worry about

wieyedoc :

There are a gazillion (another medical term lol!) things that can cause itching of the scalp and associated areas. Have you tried any medicated shampoo such as head and shoulders?

Customer:

no, this is a not a regular problem, and the only itching is on top of the lymph node, if that is what it is

wieyedoc :

surface itching would't be directly related to a lymph node or any other swelling under the skin........Sounds like you are going to need a hands-on exam to get to the bottom of this one. Chat is not a very powerful diagnostic tool :(

Customer:

okay, I was going to try and find out what that bulging area was, and came upon this site.

wieyedoc :

Sorry I couldn't pinpoint what the swelling is for you....I can, however, tell you that it is very unlikely to be anything serious.

Customer:

that is good, but I just wish I knew what it was, as it is very frustrating not to know!

wieyedoc :

I understand completely.....

wieyedoc :

Is there anything else you would like to ask me what you've got me here?

Customer:

okay, goodbye and thanks for trying!

wieyedoc :

My pleasure. Have a good evening

wieyedoc :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC