Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Can you give yourself any forms of hepatitis, if you dont

Customer Question

Can you give yourself any forms of hepatitis, if you don't already have it, by accident? Like consuming your own feces (not others')? My OCD sometimes makes me wonder about things to which I know the answer already...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 years ago.

wieyedoc :

You do not have to worry about this small exposure to your own feces. You will not give yourself any diseases and your stomach acid will kill off any E Coli or any other bacteria. There is no need to worry about hepatitis etc from this.

wieyedoc :

I wouldn't worry about this at all....

wieyedoc :

Does this make sense to you?

wieyedoc :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

wieyedoc :

Hi. My system showed that you entered the chat room for a brief moment. Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

no thank you for your help. So basically i don't have to worry right? I mean this is your expertise?

wieyedoc :

That is correct. You have nothing to worry about. You can't infect yourself with something that you might already have or that you don't have :).

wieyedoc :

There is nothing to worry about.

wieyedoc :

Is there anything else I can do for you this evening? And I can totally understand why is it easier to ask this question on JustAnswer then in your doctors office....that is what we are here for ;)

wieyedoc :

I guess that you have stepped away from your computer. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
I see you have reviewed my posts above. Would you like to discuss this topic in more detail or ask me anything else?

Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not sure if you are here, but I think it wasn't right for the site to direct my question at you; after all, you an eye doctor, and your expertise is not in the area pertaining to my specific question. That is why I can't be completely sure if I can rely on your answer.
I can understand your concern but, remember, I had to be a "regular" doctor before I became an eye surgeon....and, also, my best friend is the Chief of GI diseases at a major Texas University and he agrees with are fine.

That being said, I'd be more then happy to "opt out" and open your question up to all the doctors on the site. Let me know what you would like to do and I'll be happy to comply.