Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

RA - MJV

Customer Question

my right ear is seeping fluid and I believe I do have a hole in it, It is not sore but can get very itchy. can you help?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 years ago.

wieyedoc :

It possible that you may have ruptured your ear drum.

wieyedoc :

I think it would be best if you are evaluated by your doctor so the cause of the rupture can be determined. If it is from a middle ear infection (even though your ear doesn't hurt right now) then antibiotics will be needed if it is from bacteria.

wieyedoc :

Is this something that you need to go to the emergency room for? From what you have told me, no. That being said the sooner your doctor can have a look in your ear the better.

wieyedoc :

Until you see you doctor you can use cold compresses to help with the external itching.

wieyedoc :

Does this make sense to you?

wieyedoc :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

wieyedoc :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.