Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX went to the doctors because i experienced

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX went to the doctors because i experienced blood in my stool. it freaked me out so i went to a doctor to get a blood test and it turns out i am anemic. he said my red blood cells are smaller. the norm is 80-100 and he said i was at 65. he wants me to go to the Helen F. Graham cancer center for a more in depth blood test. this freaked me out and haven't scheduled an appointment yet. should i be worried.
Hello

there may be more than one problem. the blood from the rectum may be coming from hemorrhoids. you are young to have a tumor of the rectum or colon but it is possible. Small size red blood cells May indicate iron deficiency or certain other types of blood diseases. First you must see a hematologist to see if you have a disease causing abnormal small blood cells. If you do not have this then you must have blood test to see if you're iron is low . if the iron is low then you will need an evacuation to determine the cause,

ACCEPT

Click "ACCEPT" (GREEN) or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a POSITIVE feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my iron is perfect and everything else is at good levels the doc said. no hemorrhoids he checked me at the visit. so he wanted to send me to that place to get more blood. what could be worst case scenario?
The worse case scenario if you iron is normal is that you have some type of microcytic anemia which is may not be serious. This needs to be checked out.

http://microcytic anemia.org/

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes thats what he called it i think, because of the small red blood cells. does it have any chance of being sickle cell due to crescent shapes making it smaller? this is my last question sorry. is having microcytic life threatning
It is not life threatening. Under the microscope sickle cell would be obvious. Try not to worry.