Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

I had excruciating sharp pain for 3hrs on my lower right abdomen as well as sharp stabbing

I had excruciating sharp pain for 3hrs on my lower right abdomen as well as sharp stabbing pain upon pressure in the center of my lower abdomen (around the uterus area) accompanied by blood in my stool and pencil-sized stool. Do I need to seek medical treatment immediately? Pain started easing up some, still present though.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
Any diarrhea, was blood bright red, any recent gyn exam, any surgery?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply. No diarrhea, cannot push anything because of the pain, but when something came out it was very thin and barely an inch long. The color of the blood was not bright re, it seemed diluted (more like pink) although it was dark red about 10 hours ago, then started getting lighter. At one sitting, what I thought was stool, actually turned out to be just strings of mucus with blood (pink in color). No recent gyn exams nor surgeries.
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
Several possibilities exist. Whenever there is pain in the right lower quadrant appendicitis must be considered and for this reason you should be examined a year Dr. and a CAT scan should be performed as this is important to exclude. At your age it is unlikely to be a tumor and if you have appendicitis your bowel movements can be altered and that may be the reason for the change in appearance. If there is evidence of fresh blood or pink blood it is most likely coming from an irritation of the anus. This could also be due to a problem with the ovaries and you would need a GYN exam to exclude this along with blood tests. Since the pain was described as being excruciating you should go to the emergency room as soon as possible.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just for clarification...
The pain has eased although still present, is ER still recocmended?
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
If it was that bad before you should be checked. It could just be passing spasm but you must make certain.

Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.