Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

hiya my doctor told me i have h pylori and he gave me 1weeks

hiya my doctor told me i have h pylori and he gave me 1weeks worth of tablets which was the triple therapy, i still dont feel any better what else can i take????
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.

How long have you been on the pills? How was H. pylori diagnosed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
just 1 week off the 3 tablet but am still taking 1 off them which is amoxicillin which is 500mg
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.
How was the diagnosis made?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

by blood test. he said the germ showed up in my bloods. please can you tell me what else i can take or do.

Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.
2 possibilities exist. one is that you may need to be on the medication longer for it to take affect. Another possibility is that the bacteria is resistant to the medications you are taking and that occurs not uncommonly. After completing the full therapy your doctor should retest you with a breath test or stool sample because your blood tests will always be positive for now on. If the pain persists after that then it may be caused by some other reason such as a gallbladder stone for which she would need to have an ultrasound. For now you can take only a bland diet and Mylanta or make Maalox 2 tablespoons twice a day

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.