Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

If the mass is benign, what is the general accepted medical

If the mass is benign, what is the general accepted medical treatment?

She has been experiencing mild to moderate abdominal discomfort the last few weeks.

If it is malignant, does that mean the liver is the primary source of cancer, or is it mets?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.
If it is a cyst even if it is benign and causing symptoms it will usually be removed surgically. If it is malignant it may be primary from liver but can also be metastatic altho one would expect multiple lesions with mets.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.