Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

Do you think this is cirrhosis of the liver?

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
You have to give a lot more detail.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Patient is basically healthy. Takes blood pressure meds. generic zoloft, low dose aspiring and generic acid reflux meds. Blood pressure is fine with meds. Has used alcohol, but now extensively. Height 5'3", weight, 160 lbs. What else do you need to know?

Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
Liver blood tests. Nothing here to indicate cirrhosis except alcohol use.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
I understand that there has NOT been extensive alcohol use ...you wrote now extensive, but of course in your previous post you state that alcohol is not the issue.

The problem is the mass in the liver, and this probably needs to be further investigated.

Cirrhosis from other causes can predispose to liver cancer.

However the thing now is to make sure this is a benign cyst, and to make sure it is not metastatic colon cancer
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.