Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

I just had ablood test for prostate and the results shown an

Customer Question

I just had ablood test for prostate and the results shown an increase of PSA of 31.8.I don't want surgery.Is there an natural therapy to control it?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.

Internist :

hello,

Internist :

have you had a biopsy or? any tests?

Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.

Have you had a biopsy of prostate or any other tests done?
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
There are many different causes for high PSA. Inflammation of prostate, benign enlargement, infection and cancer. The cause must be determined then then treatment can begin. Unfortunately there is no clear scientific evidence that any alternative medicines such as saw palmetto work for any of these conditions.
See you dr. for evaluation.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 years ago.
As a matter of fact, there IS clear evidence that saw palmetto is effective for BPH (benign prostate enlargement). Here is a link http://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0315/p1281.htmlHowever, this high of a PSA needs urgent attention and requires evaluation for prostate cancer. This can't be attributed to BPH without a biopsy.