Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

Old Injury. Two arthrocopies recommend knee replaement . Not

Old Injury. Two arthrocopies recommend knee replaement . Not interested. Seven cartiledge pieces removed seven years ago.
1. Unable to straighten right leg due to knee.
2. Pain in right knee when walking which give way when walking and standing. Responds to anti-biotic treatment.
3. Swelling of inside knee where injury is. Outside of knee still good.
4. Stiff to start walking and eases up after a few steps.
Can anything be done to help I am 80 yrs old height 2 m weight 135 kgs

Anti inflammatory drugs like Celebrex may help but you have already probably tried these. If knee replacement was recommend you probably have no cartilage left which is accounting for symptoms. You may ask your dr. if you are a candidate for partial knee replacement which less of a complicated surgery and less rehab. Here is a good link:

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.