Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My mothers mother was named Savage, They were of a dark mediterr

My mother's mother was named Savage, They were of a dark mediterranean complexion. I sent my samples to Genebase in the hope that it would give me an indication of where they came from. That is in the last say 200/500 years. Iknow that we all originated in Africa and the H1438 predicted does not help in any way. How do I get the information I need from my gene test please? Mike Mogridge
Category: Medical
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Angela, help from an expert will be appreciated. Mike

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, in answer to your request for more information my mtDNA1 and myDNA 2 are both H predicted. My certificates which, as a layman, mean absolutely nothing to me give HVR-1 (16001-16569) Location16304 Mutation type Substitution Neucloid change T>c. HVR-2 (1-400) Location 152 Substitution T-c; Location 263 Substitution A>g; Location 315 Insertion C. Your guidance on where my maternal grandmother's antecedents originated would be very much appreciated. Mike Mogridge

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What information do you need? Mike
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm sorry it has taken so long for you to get a response. I'll be happy to help you today.

When you were given your mtDNA results, did the lab give you any information on where you could apply this data to get the information you require?

Also, where in the UK do you live?
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC