Healingdoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Over 10 years of Emergency Medicine experience. Completed Internal Medicine Internship. Fluent in Spanish.

I have wrist pain, knee pain,bilaterally, hand pain with finger

Customer Question

I have wrist pain, knee pain,bilaterally, hand pain with finger swelling with plain across my knuckles. i have discomfort behind my knee on my left that at night really hurts right at the top of my calf muscle behind my knee. I went to a rheumalogist and am waiting to here but my tests were all negative (RF/ANA, lupus tests). I was doing pretty good but it just sort of reflared. any ideas? Motrin really does not help.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

is the pain worse in the morning

or does it get worse as the day goes on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My knees hurt in the AM when I get out of bed but then are pretty consistent throughout the day. The behind the knee pain is worse at night it seems. My hands are worse in the AM - they seem more swollen in the AM . My wrist pain seems like it is consistently all day constant aches -- my knuckles are achey throughtout the day as well. It seems like I was doing much better until yesterday when my fingers puffed up, etc.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
rheumatoid arthritis pain is generally worse in the morning.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That's doesn't help
Expert:  Healingdoc replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I would like to help you with your issues. I have several questions for you. Do you have any medical problems? Are you taking any new medication? Do you spend a considerable time outdoors (camping, walking, etc?). The reason I ask is that your symptoms can be explained by Lyme Disease and I would strongly recommend being tested for Lyme. It is great that you have seen a Rheumatologist already and are being tested for Lupus, RA, etc, but cannot stress the importance of also being tested for Lyme.