Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

My right ear feels like there is water in it but there isnt.

My right ear feels like there is water in it but there isn't. What should I do?
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are there? Do you feel decrease in hearing, pain? Is there any abnormal sound? Is there any other symptom? Did you consult doctor? What medicine did you use?

Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The symptoms started 4 days ago. There is no pain but hearing in that ear is muffled. Yesterday I experienced dizziness that affected my balance. I have an appt to see my doctor next Thursday. I used used Debrox earwax removal thinking it may be a wax buildup but that method did not work, in fact it made it worse.

Thank you for the input.

There can be several issues related to the feeling & muffled hearing. Transient hearing loss can occur in ear infection, blocked Eustachian tubes, impaction by wax. Otosclerosis, circulatory problems & a few other problems can be there. You need to get it checked by doctor.The treatment will depend on the cause. If there is a block in the eustachean tubes, anticold tablets like tylenol cold can help.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Dr. SS. I will get my ear checked by my doctor next week. I appreciate your advice.

Best regards.
You are always welcome to JA. Regards.