Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialities & US Medical Graduate
18703594

Will clindamycin cure gonorrhea? If so, what dossage should

Will clindamycin cure gonorrhea? If so, what dossage should be used and for how long?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Actually this will not really work for gonorrhea - you really should get an injection of Rocephin (ceftriaxone) or a pill of Cipro, PLUS we also always treat for Chlamydia with Azithromycin too.

I hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT and if you have more questions, please ask

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Both of those medications are listed on different web sites as acceptable cures. There was no intercourse involved only oral sex performed on me for a very short amount of time prior to using a condom.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.

Which websites?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WebMD I can't find the other one.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.

Well - the clindamycin is not really a very good cure and this is not recommended if you have access to the Primary medications (antibiotics) that I have recommended - no practicing physician would actually prescribe this medication as a primary medication - and the reason it is listed on the WebMD is because sometimes you do not have it available - the dosage is 300mg THREE times per day for 7 to 10 days.

I hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT, thank you and if you have more questions, please ask

Thank you