Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

Blood in urine found in underwear in morning

Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.

There are several different causes for blood in the urine. You may have an inflammation or infection of the urethra, which is the tube that carries urine. You may also have prostatitis ( a male) which is an inflammation or infection of the prostate gland. Prostate cancer can also cause bleeding. Certain conditions in the bladder may cause bleeding such as polyps, cancer, or bladder infections. Also certain kidney diseases cause bleeding and finally a kidney stone can cause blood in the urine. You need to see your doctor for a complete evaluation to determine the cause of the blood in the urine and the appropriate treatment.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.