Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

Tiny white pearl like balls in stool, should I be concerne

Tiny white pearl like balls in stool, should I be concerned
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.
Wow long is this happening, any change in bowel habits, any discomfort?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Has been occurring for past two weeks. BMs are regular, daily, two to three aday, thin and soft.
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.

several things to mind. Most likely what you are see represents mucus which is not uncommon in the stool. This can be caused by increase spasm of the bowel. This can occur intermittently and is of no concern. If it has been happening for 2 weeks is not likely to be anything that was taken in your diet. If these continue to be present and persist you may want to get a stool sample for parasites to make certain there is no infection. your stool habits may be normal for you but sound like they are somewhat frequent and softer than normal.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.