Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

hey how r u :) So went away on a trip...and my tummy has

hey how r u :)

So went away on a trip...and my tummy has been acting up...anyhow been a bit constipated...went to washroom yesterday, strained and had a lil bit of blood mixed with mucus on the TP afterwards..should I be concerned about this...

also did occult test( home) was neg should I trust this?? why would it be neg last week and see blood this week...

had bm's since no blood :(
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.

Good to hear from you. On your trip was your diet very different?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes....

was on a cruise...
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.
Oh Ok.
It is very common to have alterations in bowel movements and digestion with different diet than what your body is used to. The straining caused the irritation of the anus and mucus and blood. This sounds like it has already resolved.
The occult was negative because you were not bleeding at that time. Don't be concerned. You can always take a gentle stool softener like Colace which will not harm you or the baby.
Hope you enjoyed the cruise.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.