Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

I have pain over my right nipple. I am 34 male 5-11, 180 lbs.

I have pain over my right nipple. I am 34 male 5-11, 180 lbs. This pain does not interfere in my daily life. I feel the pain only when I press right above the nipple. It is there for more than a month now. There are times during the day when I do not feel it even when I press that area. Ultrasound of the area was OK. No issues found in ultrasound. There is no discharge from nipple. Both side of breasts are fine.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. You are taking any medications? Any known medical illness? You have any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not taking any medication. I had clogged nose during spring. So took Flonase spray for about a week - once a day.

I have been feeling stressed for on reason, with my head muscles strained. Doctor said it is because of lack of sunlight during winters. I should take more rest.

I recently started excercising. I did not lift any weights but I did one machine where I did twisting of my body - upper part remains fixed and abdomen moves. I read somewhere that it can create pulled muscle. But can pulled muscle pain remain for more than a month. When the pain started, it was more spread, I could not pin point a area. But now I can pin point a area right above my nipple. One doctor pressed around breast tissues - there was no pain. When I push finger towards the chest through breast fat, only then I feel the pain.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the details. I would like to say that I am glad that ultrasound scan report came back negative for any thing serious such as any malignant lump. Yes sometimes muscular tear or spasm can give such kind of symptoms for longer duration. But I will like to rule out hormonal imbalance, liver dysfunction, nerve compression, infection (less likely). I will suggest to have these tests such as liver function tests, thyroid function tests, blood cultures. I will advise to avoid strenous exercises until fully recovered or you can do exercise with a trainer. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback and bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.