Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

I have a hard lump about the size of a pea near my anus. It

I have a hard lump about the size of a pea near my anus. It only hurts when there is pressure applied to the spot. There is also no discoloration or bruising. The lump is under the skin between my scrotum and anus. I have noticed it there for about 3 months. I do not have a history of medical illness and I am physically active. Please help
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

This sounds like a non-infected external pile/hemorrhoid. However you should understand that the treatment for it does not limit to cream application.

Although it may no cause any particular symptoms a blood clot forms in it, still it should be removed before that stage to avoid severe pain followed by emergency management.

Here is link for your interest
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Haemorrhoids-(Piles).htm

Hope This helped

Kindly remember to click accept

Regards
Dr MASK
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So, I am assuming the only treatment is surgical removal? If so, what is the estimated recovery time. I am in the military so this is important.
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 5 years ago.
The recovery time may vary from patient to patient depending on age, race and health status.

However the average time can be from 2 to 3 weeks.

Hope this helped

kindly remember to click Accept

Regards
Dr MASK