Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

Hi, I have a hard lump near my anus. Its flesh color and its

Hi, I have a hard lump near my anus. It's flesh color and it's hard to the touch. I've had it for almost a month now and it doesn't seem to be going away. It doesn't hurt except when I touch it, and it does not affect my bowel movement. I've read somewhere that a hard lump near the anus could potentially be a symptom of anal cancer. Should I be worried?
Thanks for the question. I would like to say that this is most likely external hemorrhoid with this typical presentation. Also important to rule out any polyp, infective cyst or anal malignancy (less likely). I will highly advise to see your physician for examination which is a must now. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.