Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have a spot on my right leg about middle way above my knee

I have a spot on my right leg about middle way above my knee that gets red hot at times. It is almost unbareable at times after I stand for a few hours at work. It is also hot to touch. My right leg is now having the same symtoms but not as bad. These seem to start when the lower part of my back starts to hurt. But now the spot on my right leg feels as if I burned it on something but I haven't. It even has a rash on it where the hot spot is. The doctor has not been able to find my problem and now I'm haveing flush feelings in my face as well as hot feeling in my face cheeks and forehead. Along with rashes on my forfehead and cheeks. The hot spots are getting a lot more painful and last a lot longer to the point of almost unbareaable. Almost had to go to ER last nite, but what could they do? What ever it is seems to be spreading. But my general doctor does not know what it is. What type of specialist do I need to see?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 years ago.

Hello. I would like to help you find an answer.

Has your thyroid been checked?

Are you on any medicine?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes just got a Blood test that indicates I have low testosterone level of 305 and everything else including thyroid was checked OK.

I am on blood pressure med of 20mg. of Lisinopril.

Does the flush cheek and face always go along with the pain?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it does and now the I even have a rash where the hot spot is on the middle part of the front of my upper right leg. And a rash on my forehead. The rash on my leg hurts to the touch now as if it was a burn.
Has anyone suggested RSD?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No what is RSD?

RSD is a reaction to a nerve problem, pain or injury that can result in a severe skin reaction that involves pain and paresthesia.

Read about it here and let me know what you think

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004456/

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, does this also have mood swings with it? And why would it be worst if I have to stand for extended amount of time?

The mood swings can be from severe pain.

RSD can get worse with activity.