Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

DULL PAIN BEHIND LOWER RIB RIGHT SIDE. UPPER ABD. ? PAIN COMES AND GOES.NO OBVIOUS PATTERN

Is there any relation to food, have you had any trauma or other medical history, have you had any problems with your liver?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No History, No obvious food correlation, no trauma

When you have pain in the right upper quadrant one must immediately rule out gallstones which can be done with a simple test called an ultrasound. Also your doctor should perform routine liver test to rule out any abnormality in the liver. If these tests are negative or normal then you may consider a trial of Prilosec OTC in the event you may have and inflammation at the end of your stomach which can be located in this area.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.