Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

what doea this mean? cirrhosis stage 4 out of 4 with moderate

what doea this mean? cirrhosis stage 4 out of 4 with moderate necroinflammatory actitity grade 3 of 4 moderate steatosis
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.
Hello,I assume you have hepatitis C which is chronic. These results indicate that you have cirrhosis which is the most severe stage of chronic liver disease. It also indicates that you have inflammation in the cells of the liver that are causing destruction of liver cells. Moderate steatosis means that you have a moderate amount of fat in your liver which isn't uncommon with this diagnosis. You may ask your doctor as soon as possible to send you to a liver specialist in order to try a new treatment regimen that was recently approved in May 2011 which consists of interferon plus a new type of drug that may preent further progression of your liver disease. *****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.