Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

I had some blood work done and my doctor called and said he

I had some blood work done and my doctor called and said he needed to see me so I made an appointment but in the mean time I would like to know what it means when the nurse told me my Vitamin B was only at a 10. Doe that make sense? if so what should it be reading? I am a dieabetic.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.
Hello, normal vitamin D. levels are usually above 30 so yours is low. There are many different causes for this and your doctor will most likely order other tests to determine the exact cause. Vitamin D. deficiency can be treated with the oral supplement of vitamin D so at this time this is not something to be overly concerned about. Let him make the evaluation and prescribe the correct supplement as needed. *****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.