Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

Im seventy-eight years old male Seven years ego two polyps

I'm seventy-eight years old male
Seven years ego two polyps were removed from my colon.
Two years ego had a colonoscopy with negative result.
The last three months my regularity have changed radically. Instead of once in the morning,now is three times a day. On the left side of my abdomen, frequently feel a growling sensation. The symptom accrues irregardless of my diet. (no diarrhea)
My (internist) Doctor is not alarmed and gave me no suggestions.
Should I have an other opinion at my cost ?
Thank you, XXXXX
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Was there any diverticulosis on colonoscopy?
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
You most likely have diverticulosis. Diverticulosis is a very common problem as one becomes older. At your age approximately 60% of people will have diverticulosis. these are small pouches or pockets in the large Bowel. In most people diverticulosis remains without symptoms. However they may on occasion cause bleeding and there may be associated spasm that can cause abdominal discomfort. Diverticulosis occurs because of the contractions of the muscles in the large bowel. you should be encouraged to eat a high fiber, high bulk diet to reduce the spasm. *****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.