Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

how do you get water out of your lungs?

how do you get water out of your lungs?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.
Hello,When a person has water in the lungs this is known medically as pulmonary edema. It is most often caused by heart failure. There are many different reasons for heart failure and many different cardiac medications to improve the amount of blood that is pumped out of the heart so that the fluid does not back up into the lungs. A cardiologist would be the appropriate Dr. to see in order to give a careful examination and tests and give the appropriate treatment to remove the fluid from the lungs and make breathing easier. *****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.