Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

For years I have had some excess fat in my liver, yet no doctor

For years I have had some excess fat in my liver, yet no doctor has tried to eliminate it. Is there a treatment protocol used by US physicians? Is there a naturopathic treatment for removing fat from the liver?
Hello, do you know the cause of the fat in your liver? Diabetes? Alcohol? Obesity?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No idea. Tests always negative for diabetes, my alcohol consumption is 1-2 drinks per week usually with meals, my PMI is high from years of bodybuilding (if only weight and height are considered) but are high, not obese, if including body composition. I have had elevated liver enzymes since taking SNRI medication, but not at toxic levels.
Fat in your liver may be from the medications but it also may be idiopathic meaning there is no cause unfortunately since there is no correctable underlying cause for the fat in the liver there is no treatment. since you are not diabetic nor take alcohol this is clearly not the cause. If your liver enzymes are still elevated you have a mild degree of hepatitis or inflammation of the liver and this is most likely what is causing the fat. Unfortunately there is no alternative type medications or homeopathic treatment that can help decrease the amount of fat present. *****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.