Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

I have a differant case. I have had 4 back surgeries so my

I have a differant case. I have had 4 back surgeries so my back is weaker I have a fusion from L2,L3,L4,L5 S1 For about 2 years I started having a cold nose,and face , My face gets very pale,and is freezing cold also my nose is freezing cold to touch. I either sit down until it passes or I lay down. I had my heart checked out .I had a treadmill test done that was ok. I also tire easy ,is this coming from my weaken back muscles? I do water aerobics 2 times a week during that time my face and nose are ok.
Doing my house work like sweeping the floors I need to sit down. I am 65 I just retired in sept. I am a female I was always very active. Thank-You Lydia Vander Stouwe
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.
Hello,The symptoms that you described with your nose and face are unlikely to be connected to the surgery you had on your back. The surgery was on the lower back and would be unlikely to affect anything above the lumbar spine. These symptoms you described regarding the pale appearance to your face and feeling of coldness are most consistent with a problem with your circulation. For this your Dr. would need to carefully evaluate the blood vessels that supply this area. Also you may be having something that can constrict the tiny blood vessels on your face and nose. This is an unusual finding but may be related to some type of hormonal abnormality such as the thyroid gland. This would be checked with blood tests. The fact that you are becoming more fatigued may indicate also a thyroid problem this is assuming that your blood work is normal and that you do not have anemia. Since you're heart has checked out it is unlikely that you have heart failure as the cause for your symptoms. You need to see your doctor and be examined carefully and have appropriate tests ordered to diagnose the abnormality and treat it appropriately. I would appreciate followup. *****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.