Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.

I have sinus drainage everyday down the back of my throat and

I have sinus drainage everyday down the back of my throat and was treated for a sinus infection about 3 weeks ago. I alos just had gall bladder surgery 4 days ago to have it removed. I still have mild headaches between the eyes and drainage during the day. It is not always constant. Any ideas?
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 years ago.
What triggers the onset of the infection?Do you have any nasal discharge and if so, what color is it? How many sinus infections have you had in the past year that were treated with antibiotic medications?Is there a history of predisposing factors?Do you have any other symptoms associated with your problem?Are you aware of anything which might have brought this on?Do you have any medical problems?Any surgeries?Are or were you taking any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs?Any family medical history such as allergies or asthma?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I live in Texas in a very dry area and I get two or three sinus infections a year. I am treated with antibiotics and steriod shots. My discharge is usually down the back of the throat. Some from my nose is white to light yellow. I have had a radical hysterctomy 13 yrs. ago, gall bladder removal 4 days ago, a rectoseal 12 years ago. I have had a lot of blood work done and even hormone tests and they were fine. I was low in vitamin D. I am about 50 pounds overweight but I am in faairly good health. My cholesterol is okay. I take lipitor. I take Diovan with a diuretic for blood pressure, cenestin , prilosec, lexapro 10mg. and buspirone10mg. I have had anxiety in the past and some depression. It is not an issue now. I do take 2000mg. of vitamin D per day. my mother had hay fever and my borther had some asthma. I do not have asthma.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
the doctor was offline and i have not received an answer
Expert:  Ken replied 4 years ago.
Hello,I can understand your anxiety.Pain at the front of head with drainage at the throat indicates there is inflammation at the sinuses {likely frontal}. I worry collection at the sinuses too. It being there even after antibiotic course indicates that the infection still persists {may be resistant to the antibiotic} or re-infection/ allergy. I would also like to rule out some anatomical variant at the sinuses which makes you prone to repeated infections.If I were you I would get CT for sinuses/ blood tests and throat swab to get more answers.Till then - steam inhalation/ warm water gargles {with pinch of salt} will give relief.Please do not worry, you will be fine soon.God bless
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience: Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.