DrKnowsBest
DrKnowsBest, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician with extra cert in peds and womens health
9384716

I have a rash on my buttocks, that appears in the morning looks

I have a rash on my buttocks, that appears in the morning looks like possibly hives, disappears throughout the day does itch alittle and a feeling of burning. If I wear boxers to bed its not as pronounced.I dont think its bed bugs as I have a brand new bed...
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 5 years ago.

DrKnowsBest :

it is more likely due to sweating during the night if less with boxers

DrKnowsBest :

what happens in areas that sweat is you get a mild yeast infection from yeast on your skin and this can cause the rash you describe

DrKnowsBest :

try lotrimin ultra over the counter twice a day for 2 weeks and continue the boxers

DrKnowsBest :

hold the steroids since this could actually worsen infection for extreme itch take benadryl

DrKnowsBest :

if no more questions please press accept to exit

Customer:

there are small bumbs most of the day, twice in the last week I woke up and there appeared to be raised welts under the skin?

DrKnowsBest :

yes this is pretty typical of intertrigo like i described the reaction can cause small dots and welts

Customer:

I sat on a leather couch a week ago at afriends house with nothing on my bottom, and showered in her house and used a towel that was on her door...is it possible there was a "fungus" from the towel? or she has a dog could I have gotten something from it?

DrKnowsBest :

not likely usually yeast already on skin could be bacterial and may require antibiotics if no better after a week see your dr sometimes need cream and a pill antibiotic

DrKnowsBest :

usually dogs transmit worms which cause different symptoms

DrKnowsBest :

a fungal infection like ringworm/or similar type would be treated either way with lotrimin

Customer:

thanks...like now just a few bumbs but some burning

DrKnowsBest :

yeah sounds like just yeast

DrKnowsBest :

try the lotrimin

Customer:

dont think it would be flees ?

DrKnowsBest :

not by the sounds of it

DrKnowsBest :

and usually more extensive whereas yeast in crevices/buttocks,etc