Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

I have a father whose is having stomach pains. He has been

I have a father whose is having stomach pains. He has been to a Doctor in Helena, Montana and just a month later today in Minot North Dakota and having all new tests run and they can't seem to find anything wrong. He doesn't test positive for cancer, diabetes, heart issues, or gall stones. I asked him if he has eaten anything funny lately and he says no. Is there something on the market currently as far as food items that might be on recall? Or is there something else that would be causing non-stop stomach pains?
is the pain in the upper or lower part of the abdomen or on the right or left side? Has he been given any treatment? Is the pain affected by food or bowel movements
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Left side of stomach and moves sometimes to the backside. He said pain is all the time.
I will assume that he had his urine tested and kidney stones have been excluded. If he has not had a colonoscopy done he should have this. If he has had this done and there was no evidence of abnormality he may be having pain secondary to spasm in the colon and associated diverticulosis. If he has tenderness when he presses on the abdomen this could be an infection called diverticulitis. Also when there is abdominal pain radiating to the back one must be concerned about the pancreas. To exclude pancreatic disease he should have a CAT scan of the abdomen.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.