Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

I have had all day pain under the left floating bottom 2 ribs;

I have had all day pain under the left floating bottom 2 ribs; almost in between, when pushing in to the bottom rib. I cannot tell if it's just a bruise or slight tear, or actually deeper inside. I was 'picked up' literally the other day- and held up in air! Could the pressure have pulled a ligament or tissue? Or is it inside- spleen? I've had leukemia 3 yrs ago and last bone marrow test in Dec. was all good.
Should I go to the ER ?
With the history you give of being picked up this is most likely a strain or a bruise in the ribs or between the rib joints. You should apply warm soaks to the area for relief. It is possible that you may have an enlarged spleen which may have been traumatized. If you have any bleeding of the spleen you would be much sicker at this time. At this point I do not think from your description that it is an emergency but if it worsens or progresses you should have it checked.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, If I push in, right underneath that bottom floating rib, it does hurt a whole lot. But if I just sit, not doing really anything, I'm ok. What would be symptoms of anything worse? If I breath in really deep, I can feel it. As long as you think it's a tear/bruise and nothing ''spleen-like'' as in go to the ER...
What concerns me now is that you are describing discomfort underneath the bottom rib and not in the rib or rib joint itself. The fact that a deep breath causes you discomfort means that your diaphragm or lung can be bruised. I do not think it is concerning the spleen but is you are able you should get looked at in view of the internal component to the discomfort.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thank you. I may just drive myself to the ER; not far....
I suspect and hope that it's just a bruise thing. Of course with my lovely past, everything gets me crazy.
Have a great weekend.
I don't know what state you are in, but stay warm.
I certainly can understand your concern and hope that everything is fine. It is inconvenient but better to be safe than sorry.