Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

When I wake up in the morning, my hands and arms tingle and

When I wake up in the morning, my hands and arms tingle and feel somewhat numb. This also happens when I lay down and at random times during the day. Sometimes it is just one hand or arm, and other times it is both hands and arms.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 5 years ago.
Hi
It sounds like you may have a compression of the spinal cord in the cervical spine- this is why you are having the tingling. I woud suggest that you get a MRI of the cervical spine (and of the brain- just for good measure)
If there is a narrowing, you may want to consider surgery to relieve the symptoms.

warm regards

Please click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you found this helpful. It you need more clarification, just ask. It allows me to help people like
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would that answer hold true if rather than tingling, it was more of a cold, heavy sensation?
either one. Another option would be thoracic outlet syndrome, but it would be less common to have it on both sides..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoracic_outlet_syndrome

warm regards