Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

hey whats the word on thin stool... mine isnt pencil thin

Customer Question

hey whats the word on thin stool...

mine isnt pencil thin but it isnt thick either..

I read recently that there is no basis for worry about thin stools...it use to be thought it could be a mass in colon but through a recent study have found out this isnt the case anymore...

also I am very pale today....I know anaemia in pregnancy can happen but what if i am anaemic because i am bleeding through my bowel...my 1st set of bw was normal and my hemoglobin was aweome for a pregnant lady..like 138
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
Thin stool can be caused by a mass in lower sigmoid colon or rectum. We know you don't have this because you have been checked in the past for this. Usually thin stool will be due to spasm of the colon or rectum or internal hemorrhoids or lack of fiber or bulk in the diet. In your case it is not do to malignancy. If you want your stools to be larger increase the amount of bulk and fiber and roughage in your diet. It will not harm you. In order to have a pale appearance your red count would have to be extremely low and since you have been examined by her doctor recently this is extraordinarily unlikely. Do not be concerned.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks :)
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
As always, you are welcome!