Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

does vicodin come in a brand name without acetaminophen?

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA.

Yes, there are syrups used for chronic coughs like hycodon, mycodon which contains only hydrocodone.

However, I would like to mention that these are quite addictive and should be taken under prescription only.

With regards,
Dr. Bora.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.

Please press the "green accept button" to accept this answer and give credit for my work and time.

Positive Feedback and bonus is warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
am not happy with this answer. She did not answer the question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
does the vicodin pill come in a brand name without the acetaminophen?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
please answer - asap you have had me waiting almost an hour for the answer. Dr Bora did not: the nswer my question correctly. My question is the pillVicodin. can you get vicodin without acetaminophen the pill form?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 years ago.
VICOPROFEN is the name of the brand that does not contain acetaminophen with hydrocodone but instead contains ibuprofen.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the prescription is written for vicodin. If a person wants the brand name of vicodin - How is the prescription filled? With what medications????
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 years ago.
Vicodin contains acetaminophen and hydrocodone. Hydrocodone only comes in combinations with various other drugs such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen, chlorpheniramine and so forth. It does not come alone therefore you cannot have the hydrocodone part of vicodin without any other drug combined to it.
The prescription is refilled by your doctor because these are available only by prescription of your treating physician. I hope I understood and answered your questions correctly. Let me know if you have any further questions. Click accept if you found my response helpful.
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine