DOC EK
DOC EK, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R)
41140702

pain in upper rib cage. hurts most when standing or walking.

pain in upper rib cage. hurts most when standing or walking. if i sit it eases within five miniutes.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DOC EK replied 2 years ago.
Hi

Sorry to hear this

Since how long you have this paain

Does it radiate any where

What is the intensity of pain on scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst

Any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke fever or cough

Is it on the right side or left

Any other medical problem or medicines you are taking

Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This time it has been about 6 weeks.Previous occasions have been shorter. It does not radiate. 8 but can be 10 at times. no other symptons, Left side. Spondocis with double curvature from age 11. Curvature not creating serious problems up to present time. Hysterectomy on 27-07-11. Total removal by incision. All wounds healed and recovery very good. Checked out by consultant. Current prescription.: Aspirin 75 mg:Atorvastatin 10 mg:Bendroflunemrthazide 2.5 mg:Betahistine 8mng.:Bisoprolol 5mg: Dolsulepin 75 mg: Piroxicam 0.5 % gel.
Expert:  DOC EK replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply

Well considering your history of having high blood pressure and cholesterol i would advise you to get it evaluated.

Many a time it is ust a musculoskeleta pain nd nothing to be worried of or some pinched nerve but i think you should get it checked to rule out the possibility of this pain being related to the heart

As the intensity of pain is also quite high i wouldsuggest you to get it evaluated at the earliest and if it is bothering too much don,t hesitate to go to ER

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Click ACCEPT if you have got the answer

Regards

DR EK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My blood pressure is checked regulally. Last week it was 135/78. We are happy that this is under control. Last cholestrol reading was 3.8. Likewise we are happy with this level.My problem is the pain which is like "stich" in the thoracic wall of the left side. This is limiting daily life. We are looking for improved methods of pain relief.
Expert:  DOC EK replied 2 years ago.
Hi again

That nice to know if you have your numbers under check

Before getting into the effective mode of pain relief i would be interested in knowing what is causing such a pain.If it is coming from the heart the treatment is different and if it is from muscle or nerves the treatment will be different.Depending on what the cause found on investigation further management plan can be outlined which could include simple analgesic or opioid analgesics or may be some other medicines like gabapentin but to find out the cause should be first priority

Hope this help

Click ACCEPT if you have got the answer

Regards

DR EK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We recognise that you are trying to cover every possibility. I will be at the surgery a.s.a.p.We regret that we have not received advice which will help today.
Expert:  DOC EK replied 2 years ago.
Hi again

Well as i stated without getting an examination and then have investigations accordingly to reach a diagnosis it is hard to give any further advise

So i am sorry for not helping your problem at this point as i can only advise you about how to proceed to get a solution

Click ACCEPT if you have got the answer

Regards

DR EK
DOC EK, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R)