Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

what are the symptoms of gluten intolerance, does it include

what are the symptoms of gluten intolerance, does it include migraine attacks after eating bread? I had substained from eating bread for a week , then ate several slices and the next day paid for it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.

Usually gluten intolerance will not cause migraines but will rather be associated gastrointestinal symptoms such as bloating and diarrhea. Chronic gluten intolerance can can certain deficiencies such as iron which may cause anemia. Your migraines may be caused by it but is not a common symptom.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.