Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I have a constant pounding noise 0n my right ear and I seem

I have a constant pounding noise 0n my right ear and I seem to be loseing my hearing on my right ear.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are there? Is there any other symptom? Have you consulted doctor? When? Was any test done? Is there any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

about a year, no,no, yes I have high blood pressure and I am diabetic

Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The constant pounding noise in the ear can be from many causes. Sometimes no cause can be evident too. The causes may be -ear infection, exposure to loud sound, ear wax, stiffening of bones of the ear or otosclerosis. As wax was cleaned and you have taken antibiotic for infection, so they may not be the cause. However chronic infection can persist even after a course of antibiotic. There may be vascular causes like high blood pressure, any blood vessel malformation, or any abnormal flow of blood may lead to this feeling. Sometimes anxiety, depression or taking of medicines like antibiotics , aspirin, water pills etc. may also cause it. As you have high blood pressure, it can give this symptom. When you are feeling hearing loss, you need to consult an ENT specialist to have an examination to know the cause. Any query, please feel free to ask.

It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.