Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

What could cause a fluttering noise in one ear? Been going

What could cause a fluttering noise in one ear? Been going on, about 2 wks.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Have you undergone any tests so far?
Is there any other known medical illness?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No tests for this. Nothing on ears.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 4 years ago.
The symptoms you have described is most likely due to a condition medically called as tinnitus.The most common cause of this is damage to the microscopic endings of the hearing nerve in the inner ear.Other causes are:hearing nerve impairment due to advanced age,wax buildup or foreign objects in the ear canal, ear or sinus infections,exposure to loud noise,diseases of the central nervous system.

You need certain specific tests like an Audiogram,ABR or auditory brain response, acoustic reflex test or tympanogram at an ENT clinic.Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your ENT doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & treat accordingly.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.