Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

There is a constant burning sensation in the tip of the urethra

There is a constant burning sensation in the tip of the urethra in my penis. They put me on a number of antibiotics two years ago but it did no good. Eventually they found an infection in my semen which was treated with an antibiotic and went away. Even so, the burning feeling continued at a reduced scale. Now it has started flaring again and is always present, making even sleeping difficult. Do you think my semen should be checked again or do you have any other suggestions? Thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to say that it is important to investigate an important possibility of urinary tract infection. I will suggest to have tests such as urine culture & analysis, screening for STDs in case of unprotected sex. I will suggest to drink plenty of fluids & cranberry juice. In case of infection you may need to start antibiotics in order to cure infection. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience: Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it possible that an STD infection from 2008 could still be present even though it was treated with various antibiotics in 2009? The presence of STD was not verified to my knowledge but was treated anyway. An infection in the semen was found and treated. Would semen infection necessarily be STD in origin? Could it recur even though no intervening sexual activity has occurred?
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 years ago.
Yes most of the sexually transmitted infections once in the body can remain there and some times do become resistant to the antibiotics. There is a possibility if you have STD in the past so can give again the same symptoms as you are having. Semen infection some times can also be seen in urinary tract infection. Yes it can recur thats why I recommended few important tests for you in the previous answer. Make sure to see physician and have the tests done. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Dr. Amir, Doctor