Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

DEAR SIRS I SUFFER FROM CHRONIC SINUSITIS AND CHRONIC BHRONCHIACTASIS.

DEAR SIRS
I SUFFER FROM CHRONIC SINUSITIS AND CHRONIC BHRONCHIACTASIS. I CONSTANTLY PRODUCE MUCUS.LATELY I AM FINDING IT HARD TO KEEP UP REMOVING COUGH MUCUS AND GET CHEST PAINS AND INFECTIONS A LOT.
WOULD A LUNG TRANSPLANT BE POSSIBLE AND WOULD A LUNG TRANSPLANT HELP. I AM 47 YEARS OLD.
ALSO CAN MY SINUS PROBLEM BE CURED.I THINK IT IS THE MAXILLIARY SINUS THAT ARE CONSTANTLY PRODUCING MUCUS.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 years ago.
Have you seen an ENT doctor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

YES I HAVE VISITED ENT IN U.K ENGLAND. THEY TRIED TO DO A BHRONSCOPY BUT COULD NOT GET THE TUBE DOWN MY THROAT.THE DOCTORS SAID THERE WAS TOO MUCH MUCUS SO THEY GAVE UP.

Have you had a CAT scan of the sinuses?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO.THE DOCTORS SAID THAT SINCE I SUFFER BOTH SINUSITIS AND BHRONCHIACTASIS THEY CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE SINUSES.I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
MY DENTIST DID AN XRAY OF MY TEETH AND SHOWED ME THE X RAY.HE SAID HE COULD SEE MY SINUSES WERE VERY INFLAMED.

1)That is not entirely true. You should have a CAT scan of the sinuses and possibly a scope in there to look for polyps, obstructions, etc.

2)I would see another ENT doctor. It sounds like you didn't get a good evaluation

3)You could be a candidate for a transplant if the lung disease is severe enough.

4)have you ever been tested for cystic fibrosis? Chronic lung and sinus infections are hallmarks of the disease.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can an operation be done to cure my sinuses and what is this operation called?

My doctor said Cystic Fibrosis is something totally different and he does not think it applies to me.

The hospital tried to put a tube down my throat but said i was coughing to much and there was too much mucus so they gave up.They think mucus is produced throughout both lungs and lobectomy would not help.They simply discharged me.

Yes, there could possibly be something that can be done for the sinuses but that depends on the cause.

I disagree about the CF and testing may be indicated.

that is horrible. I'm sorry you are not being treated correctly.

I wish you were in the U.S. then I could direct you to a proper medical site.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Could you please let me know a good please in U.K i could go to.

If not ,then could you please let me know a good place i could get treatment in the U.S.

If i win the lottery then i can come to U.S for treatment.Just wishful thinking.Please reccomend your best hospital.

Also,could you please let me know if £22 charge is one off or charged every month.After this e-mail you would have answered my questions ,so i would not need continuous monthly charge.

1)I would try to find a large university in the UK. I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with all the places so I can't recommend one.

2)in the U.S., go to University of Michigan. Best hospital in my opinion

3)You just click accept on this response so I am compensated, then you can contact JA and cancel your subscription.

Thanks for your time.