Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have little lumps under my skin on my outer thighs. They

I have little lumps under my skin on my outer thighs. They are very painful to touch but not otherwise. They run in a line up each of my legs and I find them in my arms occasionally too as well as my shins. They run along the muscle line and are about the size of a pea. I have had them for a long time but still don't know what they are.
Hello
Has anyone looked at these?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. I have no insurance and they don't bother me unless they are touched.
How long
And have they changed at all
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have had them for a few years. No changes other than sometimes it seems like I have a few more than others. There seem to be more recently.
What do they fell like to touch
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
First VERY painful to touch...I can barely touch them. They are about pea sized, they move if I can touch them hard enough to do so, and they are hard-ish. They remind me of raw peas in most ways and about that hard.
Ok
these sound like small node, especially if they follow th muscle line
They might also be very small lipomas..fatty tumors
Or cysts.

Without inspection and perhaps lab sampling it will be hard to say exactly.

I would go to a neighborhood clinic or a university hospital clinic, which are on sliding scale, and have one of these biopsied for the lab.
If indicated, and not obvious as to what they are.

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you please explain what the node is? And what the difference between the lipoma, cysts and nodes would be?
Lymph node.
however this is not the usual location as you describe them...although I can not examen you, and would want to make sure you do not have an indolent [slow growing] lymphoma for example which is a lymph cancer.

Good luck again