Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

Bone marrow implant to treat SCIDS. Patient is a 6 months

Bone marrow implant to treat SCIDS. Patient is a 6 months old child in Texas. There are 3 hospitals in Texas which perform thhis implant, Texas Childrens Hospital, Houston; Cook Childrens Hospital, Ft. Worth; and Methodist Childrens Hospital, San Antonio. Question - Which os these hospitals has the most experience with this procedure? Which hospital has the highest rate of success with the patient(s) making a full recovery from SCIDS?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 years ago.
Is this your child? Is your doctor sending you to one of these three hospitals?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is my grandson. The parents have decided to move him to Texas Childrens Hospital in Houston. We pray this is the best hospital for him to receive an implant. He is presently at San Rosa Childrens Hospital, San Antonio and under the care of numerous pediatric specialists. He was born without an effective immune system. The purpose of the implant is to create a condition which will initiate the process of giving him an immune system. He is the modern day version of the "bubble baby".

I am familiar with SCIDS and fortunately with modern technology, this has become a treatable condition. I hope he does well.

I think Texas Childrens is an excellent choice for them. Good luck.