Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I have this mild burning feeling right below my sternum, so

I have this mild burning feeling right below my sternum, so like to say very upper part of my stomach. sometimes just sitting there it feels very mild and then dissappears. I pressed on the upper part like just under my heart and I felt the burning a little more a its very weird and has me worried.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to and thanks for your question.
Do you have associated heartburn?
Nausea and vomiting?
Bloating and flatulence?
Alcohol and smoking?
Is there associated pain in upper abdomen?
Associated tenderness in upper right side of abdomen?
Since how long have you been suffering from?
Shortness of breath?
Are you taking any medications?
Any other medical history?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no I dont have any of those things you mentioned

the only thing that I have had in the past is heartburn after drinking alcohol or orange juice. But in general I never have heart burn. I was taking medication called pristiq for anxiety depression for 3 weeks but I then just stopped it because it wasnt helping.

I do have OCD and axiety issues which is what has got me so worried to come online and ask this question. When I press on my stomach there is no pains whats so ever. on the very tip top right hand side just below my rib cage when I press there isnt really a pain but kind of something that is felt above in the rib cage....and maybe thats not the pain thing you looking for. also maybe thats just y mind messing with me,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
like in the above rib cage what Im saying is there is some little pain but its not in the stomach region and i dont think its a genuine pain thing
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for providing more information.
Well as you describe there may be possibility of Gastroesophageal reflux disease(GERD).
GERD occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) opens spontaneously, for
varying periods of time, or does not close properly and stomach contents rise up into the esophagus which results in burning-type pain in the lower part of the mid-chest, behind the breast bone(sterum).
So you can try OTC Prilosec/Zantac.
Also you should avoid alcohol,caffeine,spicy, fried, greasy food,carbonated beverages.
Drink plenty of water.
Stress and anxiety are contributing factors which aggravate GERD symptoms.
Apart from this, if your symptoms 'll persist then you need to be seen by your regular doctor for a clinical examination and undergo Ultrasound Whole Abdomen to rule out underlying Gallbladder disease for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.