Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS; MD

I have panic atttacks for no reason. They started about 10

I have panic atttacks for no reason. They started about 10 years ago when I was on a bridge and now they have escalated to contact in situations when I am talking to my clients for no apprent reason. I thought drinking my have been the problem but quiting has not helped. Things keep getting worse.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.

Panic attack / disorder is usually a chronic disorder and in most of the cases, patient may require medicines to control the symptoms. In most cases, they appear without any reason. Drinking alcohol will aggravate the anxiety symptoms and panic attack and should totally be avoided.

SSRI antidepressants such as Zoloft, Lexapro or Prozac are very effective in controlling the panic attacks but should be taken for at least 6-8 months continuously.

Benzodiazepines such as Clonazepam in mouth dissolving form is very useful in controlling panic attack symptoms within minutes and can be taken with SSRI antidepressants on as and when needed basis.

You can consult your GP and discuss about these medicines. After starting the treatment, you will start noticing improvement within 7 -15 days.

Kindly click the link below for more information.

Treatments and drugs
I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you tell me why this has occured now at this point in my life and now it is increasing in intensity. My father died from mental illness and it concerns me.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
could you please tell me,what was his diagnosis?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Louie body dease

Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
Please accept my apology for the delay in answering.

Lewy body disease is a totally different thing and has nothing to do with panic attacks so you should not be apprehensive about it at all.

Panic attacks may occur at any stage in life and usually worsen without treatment. All you need to do is to start the treatment and everything will be alright very soon.

Wishing you a very early and speedy recovery.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your insight
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
You are most welcome. Thanks for coming to JA.

Kind regards