Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

excessive belching,pain under the rib cage all across the stomach

Customer Question

excessive belching,pain under the rib cage all across the stomach 24/7 some times worse after eating .anything.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 3 years ago.

Did you have gallbladder ultrasound ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

gallbladder has been removed 20 years ago, appendix was removed 40 years ago,

had two children 50 years ago,had a hesterectomy45 years ago, february 2010 had

hemroides removed and at the same surgery the doctor repaired a bulge in the lining of the vagina.has been in almost constant pain since.

Expert:  Internist replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. You have had every test Imaginable and you have no gallbladder which was my first thought. With this in mind I will give you my best recommendations to reduce the amount of gas that you have. Some of these things you may have tried already but this is successful for most of my patients.When a person has excess gas causing bloating, belching and excessive flatus the majority of the gas comes from swallowed air. Some amount of gas is produced by bacteria acting upon the food that you eat. With that in mind it is important to try to limit the amount of air that you take into your system. It is important to eat slowly and not gulp down your food. It also is helpful to not drink with meals and wait for 10 or 15 minutes until after you finish eating. Drinking tends to introduce air into the stomach especially with a straw. Also it is important to avoid carbonated beverages and also certain foods that tend to form gas such as beans, broccoli, and cabbage. As a person ages they become less able to absorb the sugar in milk (lactose) and is actually the primary producer of gas. Try to avoid too much dairy. Over the counter anti-gas preparations are helpful in breaking up large pockets or bubbles of gas and forming smaller ones making the gas easier to expel. Try to obtain products that have simethicone in them and take as directed. Also no cal sugars and sugars in dietetic candies are not absorbed and become fermented and form gas. Something that is not proven but may be helpful is to take probiotic drinks such as Activia. I hope this advice helps you.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
per your recommendations their still is no improvements.
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 3 years ago.

Pain under the stomach which increases after eating is usually a sign of a gastric ulcer. A gastric ulcer can also cause excessive gas and acid formation.

I am sure that you have had a gastroscopy by now. Even if the findings are normal, please ask your doctor to order a breath test for an organism called H.Pylori which can cause acute infection and ulceration of the inner lining of the stomach.

Your doctor can also prescribe a medicine called Sucralfate (Carafate) which can form a protective barrier over the GI mucosal lining while the ulcer heals.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask a followup question if necessary. If not, please click the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.

Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.