Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K

woke up with a killer headache and a bloody nose??

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

She has any previous medical issues ?

Any medicine she is taking ?

Any recent tests done ?

Any similar episodes of headaches in the past?

Any other symptoms like blurring of vision? or weakness in limbs ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. No previous medical history. No medicine. No recent tests. No headaches but a famliy history of them. No blurred vision or weakness but kind of an upset stomach. The blood on the pillow was a fair amount
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks

Thank you for your reply,

How severe is this headache ?

Is it increasing ? decreasing or the same ?

What is the exact location of this pain on the head ? in front above eyes or back of head ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1-10 a 7

Increasing

Left side of head/temple and back of eye

Thank you for your reply.

Causes of such symptoms can be high blood pressure and sinus infection specially frontal and maxillary sinus infections(pain is a bit more on front of face in this case).
Other causes are bleeding or rupture of vessels in the brain cavity which may need an urgent evaluation, although it is less likely to give nasal bleeding but more common symptom when a person says worst headache of my life and awakes them from sleep.

So i would recommend a visit to emergency department to clear this out.
I hope this helps.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Have a nice day.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If it is a sinus infection what might be the course of action? A medication of some kind? Is it urgent or just needs to handled soon? Thanks you for all of your help

Thank you for your reply,

In this case she may need antibiotics, antiallergics and decongesant medicine. Yes this can prove serious as infection can spread to more areas like eyes and brain cavity. So it is better to be safe then sorry. Her symptoms are progressing which are a worrying feature and this needs an urgent evaluation.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience: MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thank you for you help. We will call the physician. Thanks again!

Dawn

You are welcome.

Take care.