Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.

what is mild degenerative fraying of the labral free edge in

what is mild degenerative fraying of the labral free edge in the posterior superior quadrant? and why is it mild and degenerative instead of just fraying? Is fraying same as tearing or torn? and type two acromial morpholgy,there is mild subacromial subdeltoid bursal fluid? bursitis? and mild insertional tendionpathy of the conjoined region of posterior supraspinatus and anterior infrapspinatus,pleas help I dont understand any of it thank you

I can understand your anxiety.

Before getting in the details of the report let me explain a bit.

Shoulder is a complex joint of the body. There are bones {humerus/ scapula/ clavicle} with overlying rotator cuff tendons {subscapularis, supraspinatus, infraspinatus and teres minor} with muscles like deltoid/ vessels, nerves/ fat and overlying skin.

Labrum is cushion like material in between the head of humerus and glenoid of scapula. Fraying means mild irregularity of the margins. It indicates irritation of the labrum which is most likely due to early degenerative changes. It is not as severe as a tear. Acromium is part of the scapula. Type two indicates that it is slightly curved. However it is not severely curved to put pressure over the underlying supraspinatus tendon. Bursa are small sacs within the joint. Fluid accumulation within them indicates inflammation {can be due to trauma/ degeneration or infection}. Tendinopathy is inflammation of the tendon {at insertion part in your case}. It is not a tear but indicates that the tendon is inflamed or strained.

In nutshell - You have mild degenerative changes at the shoulder. No obvious tear. Mild inflammation at the bursa and tendon insertion.

Wish you well. God bless

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have lost all strength in my rt arm weakness,cant use the arm hurts to raise it wakes me up at night cant lean on my elbow have to keep it real close to my body and that's not even helping the pain anymore, I am also having serve muscle spasm, so with the fraying does that mean its loose? or detached? shoulder is really hot this is due from an injury does that mean my shoulder is unstable?

Fraying does not mean that your shoulder is unstable. It does not mean that the shoulder is loose or detached too. It just is mild degree of degeneration. The pain when raising your arm is likely due to tendinopathy and inflammation at the bursa.

I would also get MRI for cervical spine to see if there is pinching of nerve at the spine level. The spine consists of vertebrae and intervertbral discs { soft tissue cushion if I may say }. The cord or bunch of nerves in simple word passes through the spinal canal { formed by vertebral body in front and ring like posterior part around }. Any bone spur of displacement or bulge of the disc cause pressure over the cord which results in symptoms like pain / numbness / tingling due to nerve irritation. The nerves leave the spinal canal through small rounded openings laterally. Pinching of these nerve roots can occur at this level too.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They did say something about c1 through c7 but that MRI was not clear due to muscle spasm if its a bulging disk or a nerve what can be done? and will that fix the shoulder issue?

It depends on the severity of the mass effect over the nerve concerned. Medicines/ physiotherapy/ massage/ electrotherapy and steroid shots do help. Surgery is the last resort if no relief is achieved through non surgical modes of treatment.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They did do two steriod epdural injections in the c5 c6 c7 range it did nothing to help so after the second round a month apart we stoped that, they also did accupuncture they seemed to make it worse? could it be a nerve traped due to the force of my injury? Would a MRI repeat of the spine be a good thing to do? Thank you for your time and help I relly appreciate

Yes If I were you I would repeat cervical spine MRI and may be nerve conduction test to get more answers.

God speed
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would that be an EMG? for the nerve conduction,if so they said they didnt find anything wrong with the nerves? So then what??

Next step - Repeat MRI cervical spine.

EMG is electromyography which involves testing the electrical activity of muscles. Often, EMG testing is performed with another test that measures the conducting function of nerves. This is called a nerve conduction study. So if the conduction study is not done then it has to be performed.

If both of the above tests {MRI and nerve conduction test} come negative or do not explain pain then we need to see for any reduced blood supply to the arm. It can be due to atherosclerosis or spasm at the artery. Color doppler will help.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much for your time,You have been very helpful take care Dr Ken
Thank you for the kind words.