Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  MD
14307416

Hi, I am experiencing yellow stains in my panties after passing

Customer Question

I am experiencing yellow stains in my panties after passing urine. This was not the case. what might be the cause and how do I treat it? Is it related to uretrah infection or any STI?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Brims replied 2 years ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

Any penile discharge?

Customer :

no please

Customer :

I am here please

Dr Brims :

Ok

Dr Brims :

Do you have any medical conditions or take any medication?

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

Please respond if you can see my replies

Customer :

No I have no medical conditions

Dr Brims :

Are you having computer problems?

Dr Brims :

it took a long time to respond

Customer :

no please

Dr Brims :

If you need to leave the chat session or log off for more than a minute, please inform me prior to doing so

Customer :

ok thanks

Dr Brims :

When did this start?

Customer :

about a week ago

Dr Brims :

have you had any recent unprotected sex?

Customer :

no please

Dr Brims :

Okay, any change in urinary habits?

Customer :

not really

Dr Brims :

Okay, this is likely a sign of dribbling post urination, if there is no change in urinary symptoms or pain with urination, or discharge, it is unlikely to be an STI, it is possible it could be a urinary tract infection

Customer :

ok

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer :

yes please

Customer :

any medication/treatment?

Dr Brims :

it may require antibiotics to treat, but first, you need a urine analysis

Customer :

I just completed a comprehensive test last week and a thourough urine analysis was carried out but this was not mentioned as the focus was different

Customer :

let's go for the antibiotics

Dr Brims :

It should include a urine culture

Customer :

so what can be the cause of urinary tract infection?

Dr Brims :

It may be caused by previous scarring in the urethra, or prostate enlargement also increases the chances of getting it in men

Customer :

my wellness test indicates no problem with my prostate

Dr Brims :

Okay

Customer :

so what do you advice then Doc?

Dr Brims :

I advise a urine culture

Customer :

my prefer option is to have some antibiotics and then visit the hospital later

Customer :

the wellness test drained my pocket or now - ha ha

Customer :

for now

Dr Brims :

Ok

Customer :

thanks for understanding

Dr Brims :

Is there anything else you would like to ask on this topic?

Customer :

not really other than the antibiotic prescription

Dr Brims :

What country are you in?

Customer :

I am in UK at the moment

Dr Brims :

Ok, we cannot prescribe antibiotics on this website, it is illegal

Customer :

ok thanks

Dr Brims :

You're welcome,
If you have other questions at another time you may request me by starting your question with "for Dr Brims"

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic

If not, please click the green ACCEPT button to end this chat session

Customer :

ok

Customer :

bye

Dr Brims :

Goodbye

Customer :

is it possible to send the prescription to my email or that is also illegal

Dr Brims :

I can tell you the type of medication that treats these, but cannot write you a prescription

Customer :

ok I understand

Dr Brims :

Thank you for being patient

Customer :

ok bye - will come back if further clarification is required

Dr Brims :

Dr Brims :

Are you there?