Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  MD
14307416

I have severe leg pain. Especially when I sit or lay down.

I have severe leg pain. Especially when I sit or lay down. Still hurts when I'm standing but not as painful. I'm taking tylenol and or Ibuprofen and I rub my legs down with heat cream. Nothing seems to work and it just seems to get worse. It has been going on for a very long time.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Brims replied 5 years ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

When did it start?
Where on your legs is it?

Customer:

It started several months ago but seems to be getting worse. It hurts starting at the ankles and goes up to my hips. Front and back both hurt but mainly the front.

Dr Brims :

Have you had any tests?

Customer:

No....thought it would go away.

Dr Brims :

I see, and what question about this can I help you answer?

Customer:

Was wondering if this problem can be taken care of at home or is it worth a trip to the Dr. Don't go that often and hate to go just because of leg pains. But it is getting to the point where I'm in constant pain and can't sleep well. Going to have to do something.

Dr Brims :

This is not something that you can manage at home if it has lasted this long, you need to see a doctor, and you need x rays. You may have an irritated nerve, but you need a physical exam for sure

Customer:

Thats what I needed to hear....someone telling me to go have it checked. Thank you I really appreciate you listening to my problem.

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Dr Brims :

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic